Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Rodney's Wedding

This past weekend we were able to go to Spencer's Uncle's Wedding. This is his second wedding so it wasn't like the usual wedding that I am used to going to with young couples around my age. They are so cute together and you can tell they are in love. They are perfect for each other (well at least the things that I know about them). They lived in St. George and that is where they met and just moved here shortly before the wedding.

 We started on Friday by helping set up tables and decorating. I used to want to own my own reception center and I love this kind of stuff so we stayed for awhile to make sure everything looked perfect. I don't even want to think about how many bows I tied. Then that night we had a dinner at the Country Club. It was really good, fancy food. I ended up getting something with chicken in it and Spencer got prime rib. When his came out the first time it looked like it was still alive and he sent it back to get more cooked. We sat with Ryan and Taylor at the dinner and they were bored most of the time but we had fun still.




Then the next day was the wedding. We got there five minutes before the bride walked out, talk about perfect timing. We had fun dancing, eating, and just talking to people that we hadn't seen for awhile. I had never been to a wedding outside the church so it was really interesting to see. I was thinking the whole day, what is going to happen next. I feel like such a freak saying that. haha. Spencer brought his shoes from our wedding and his grandpa put them on for dancing. He is such a funny guy.

Introducing the bride and groom for the first time: Rodney and Suzanne Hafer!


The toast....

Cutting the cake....

A quick family picture.

Congrats to the new couple. I hope you guy have fun in Jamaica. We are so excited for you guys. 

3 comments:

  1. Cute skirt Janny - is that the orange one from Logan thrift store? Meg's wedding was the first one I'd been to outside of the church and it was definitely a different experience. It was even weirder because I was a part of it! I had no idea what to do, but it was cool to see how special it was even though it wasn't a temple wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is the one from Logan. I love those skirts that I got there and still wear them all the time. I was just telling Spencer that I need to go there again to get more. That would be weird to be a part of it though, I would have no idea.

      Delete
  2. I'm pretty sure that thrift store closed... didn't it? Wasn't it the one right on Main Street across from my old Farm Bureau office? I was always so jealous that you could find something so cute...and I couldn't. Haha!

    ReplyDelete