Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 20, 2012

Spencer's Birthday


Happy 23rd Birthday Spencer! Can you believe how old he is getting? I love him so much! We got to see a lot family and he got a lot of sweet presents. The best one would have to be the new camera that we are going to take to Germany with us. It takes such good pictures and it took us almost two hours to find the exact one that we wanted.  Then he also got a tool bag, games, price is right for the xbox, golf balls, and some new shirts.We had dinner with Spencer's family on Sunday and had fun just sitting and talking with a little bit of ping pong.  I woke up early on Friday and decorated the family room. I had two dozen balloons that I had gotten from his mom the day before. I had no idea how loud balloons are! I hid them upstairs in one of his grandparents room and went and got them in the morning, so sneaky. I tried to be as quiet as I could, but still tried to hurry so I could get to work on time. This is probably the earliest I have ever woken up to have extra time, it was 3:50am when I got out of bed. Spencer woke up when I went to tell him goodbye and all he could think about was the fact that we needed to flip our mattress. If we would have done that he would have saw the surprise, good thing I convinced him we would do it later. We spent the rest of the day, after I got off work, together. He wanted to keep everything simple so we made grilled cheese for lunch and tested out the new price is right game. We both love it and haven't stopped playing it since we got it. Then it was off to my parent's house for pizza and games. We had a fun time playing with the new camera, figuring out all the settings.  If you are wondering why there are so many pictures this is why.
Everyone chilling and eating pizza





Grant and Avery think it is so funny to put the little cars inside of this birdhouse.
Spencer is trying to get them all out.





Birthday Cake

Okay these last two need some explaining. We have a setting that waits until you smile to take a picture. They turned out really funny and I couldn't stop laughing about them so I decided they have to go on the blog.
After we messed around with the camera for awhile we decided it was time to play a game. We played Spencer's new game call Rollick. It is the opposite of gestures, everyone acts out the card except for the one person that is guessing. It gets pretty funny when you are doing all that you can to help the person guess. We had a fun time hanging out with family and relaxing. Then Spencer and Mike usually have a race on the way home, but this time it got crazy! Mike got a late start and took the back streets to get in front of us, Spencer ran a red light, and we almost died. It came down to the last stretch  before they had to get off the freeway where we were going 100 mph and Mike won the race. I said that we both won because no one died and we didn't get a ticket. What an interesting night.

1 comment:

  1. Nasty pictures of me, haha! That smile setting on your camera is pretty cool. I read your above post too, that is classic you got your nose waxed. I should see if my sister knows how to do that.
    That is so cute that you decorated for Spencer's birthday with all those balloons. He is a lucky guy!
    Yes, we totally almost died. I told Mike that I was glad to know that the race was worth risking his whole family's lives. No more racing for us! And totally both won... we are still breathing!

    ReplyDelete