Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Vienna

We got on an overnight train to Vienna. It was so so hot! The air conditioner on our train was broken. We had to be on there for 12 hours with no air! I thought that I was going to die. We started by sitting outside our room on the floor in the hallway. It still wasn't much better and I played a game on my ipod to get my mind off the heat. At about midnight we decided to go into our room and try and get some sleep. We were on the very top bunks with two Austrians and two Swedish girls under us in the four other beds in our room. It was very tight quarters. We got a little sleep and woke up in the morning to talk to the Austrians that were still on the train. They were very nice and also didn't get much sleep. I am so glad that is over!
We went to check into our hotel to find that we had planned eight days in the week. We had to pay for an extra day, but the good news was we didn't have to wait until three to get in our room, we could get straight in and take a shower. I only had to pay 40 euros for a shower for both of us for the extra night. Believe me I would have paid over 100 euros if I had to. It felt so good to get into different clothes and get the sweat off my body. Then we were off to see Vienna! 

Schoenbrunn Palace 
Schoenbrunn Fountain 

These were really funny trees. Look how they were shaped. 
In front of Schoenbrunn Palace 
The Schoenbrunn Zoo. This is the oldest zoo in Austria. They had
such cool animals. We never get to the zoo in Utah so we decided
it go while we were in Europe. We got there just in time for the feeding 
of the pandas. 


Elephants are my favorite.





Hundert Wasser Haus. I don't know why but I was really excited for this
 the whole trip. We tried to see one similar to it in Geneva, but David told us 
that it would be stupid.  I would love to live here. 



This was in Prater Amusement Park. These are even better than
the crazy rides in Las Vegas. 
Prater Ferris Wheel. The only one in Europe that survived the war. 



Vienna Rathaus 
Street entertainment during dinner. 


I love apple strudel 
St. Peter's church

Finally our own room! No crazy roommates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment