Powered By Blogger

Sunday, February 24, 2013

Spencer's Birthday

I am trying to slowly catch up on my blog. Spencer's birthday was a couple of weeks ago and we had a great time! We went out to dinner at Zupas. (My new place that I have been craving all the time now. I think we have been there four times in the last two weeks. At least it is healthy right?) Then we did a craft that night. Spencer loves doing the ones when he has to pull out his tools. He asks for different tools every Christmas and this is probably the only time that we use them. Thanks to Pinterest we have craft ideas to do. We made a big picture frame for a engineer print that we had made at Staples. It ended up costing us under $20 and now we have a decoration for our closet. I will have to post pictures of the final product soon. We learn a lot if we decide to do it again. 

Then on Sunday we got together with my family and his and had a big dinner at his mom's house. It was great seeing everyone and not having to go to so many places. We planned to perfect so we could have all the kids on one table and had a fun time catching up after not seeing each other for a month or so. Spencer even got his yearly pie from Marie Calendars. He always wants pie instead of cake and that is where his mom has always bought the pie.

 Cole, my nephew, shares the same birthday with Spencer and Micheal Jordan. We met up with the Poppleton's on their way back from St. George and went to Olive Garden for dinner. They had to sit right next to each other and order the same meal. Cole always wants to be like his Uncle Spencer! I asked Spencer what he wanted for his birthday and he said I want to do something with Cole. He got his one wish that he wanted this year!

 This is just a side note. We always go to one U of U gymnastics meet a year. I tell people it is the one time that I am Ute fan. We had such a great time with Catherine and Megan, plus it was Catherine's first time ever being at a gymnastics meet. We saw a girl get a perfect 10.0 on floor! I haven't ever seen that in my whole life and I have been to a lot of gymnastics meets.



1 comment:

  1. Spencer's birthday dinner was way fun! That was so nice of his mom to make dinner for all of us. I always have pie on my birthday too, lets add that to the list of random things Spencer and I have in common:
    -Pie on birthdays
    -No peanut butter
    -Bad right knee
    -No gum (right?)
    -Same blood type
    -And the list goes on... we really should make a list. Maybe we are long lost siblings.

    Fun that you guys went to Olive Garden, Cole is so cute! And the gymnastics meet looks like fun, I've never seen someone get a 10 either.

    ReplyDelete