Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

This Will Never Happen Again!

So there I was enjoying a normal Wednesday night. I had just taught my tumbling class and was on my way to the gym to do a step aerobics class. I love step and I think it is one of the best workouts for me. I leave sweaty and not able to take one more step every time I go. All of a sudden Spencer shows up in his church clothes and said we have to go. He honestly sounded like someone had died! I said where are we going? We had forgotten about a wedding dinner that was starting in 10 minutes and it was downtown. He hates being late and told me we had to leave right then. I said I am going to finish this song and then we can leave. He was not happy about that and stood at the back of the room looking at me like COME ON! I finished the song anyway and we were off. Spencer tried to bring me clothes and ended up thinking my scarfs were skirts and all he brought were winter tops and a lacy top with no undershirt. Don't worry it was only like 80 degrees outside. Luckily I had one pair of black pants on the same hanger as the scarfs. I attempted to put on my clothes with my workout tank top and my bight purple bra. We finally got to the conference center and had to run all the way to the Lion House. By the time we got there I was a big sweaty mess! We got there just as the second person was starting to talk and I was trying to fan myself with the fabric napkin. Oh yeah I forgot to mention, Spencer's friend Joel was with us. I don't think he will ever want to come with us again. We had a good dinner and a fun time catching up with friends. I will never let something like this happen again! It was not fun at the time, but it has turned out to be a really funny story and something that we will be talking about for a long time.

We for sure didn't forget about the wedding the next day and got there a half hour early. It was such a perfect day for a wedding. We are so happy for David and his new wife Kristin. They are such a cute couple and are so fun to be around.



After the wedding we headed to Siegfried's for some lunch. I love German food so much and can barely wait 15 days so I can have German food in Germany! Then we took a short trip to Ikea so Joel could buy a wedding and the Clawsons need a rug for their new place.

As a bonus for the long day, we met a girl from Berlin, Germany at the wedding. She is here on a student exchange for three weeks and just happened to be staying with the photographer.

After all the craziness I came home to find these on the counter. This made up for all that I had to go through for this wedding. Spencer had gone and brought me some of my favorite flowers. He is so sweet sometimes and know exactly what to do to make me in a better mood.

3 comments:

  1. Jan! You should have bought Spencer flowers for making him wait for you to finish your song! You are so funny sometimes... I love that he tried to bring you clothes, though. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you get a new camera? That picture of the flowers is so pretty! I just got a new one and am trying to play with it to get pretty pictures just like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So my mom is over right now and I read this to her and we are both laughing SO hard! I wish you would have taken a picture of your outfit. Hilarious story! Jealous of your german food!

    ReplyDelete