Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend

This is how the weekend started out, playing games, swimming with Heidi and Brian, and a little bit of work here and there. That was until we decided that we would save the birds. Some of Spencer's uncles thought that it would be a good idea to trap the birds in the wall with spray foam. The longer they were in there, the louder they got! It ended up not being such a great idea because they kept reminding us that they were dying in there without food or light from the hole they made. Finally Jason, Spencer's uncle, couldn't take it anymore and decided to make a deal with Spencer that if he broke down the wall he would have to put it back up. Once we got it open we found four baby birds and their mother. The babies were pretty big, but still didn't know how to fly. Spencer had to carry them on a stick to the ground where they waited for the mom to come back and help them get away. I am so glad that we got them out, the poor things didn't know what to do.

Pretty Bear Lake, the big birds' nest, the fixed wall, and cute Breanna
with her Pringles.
We had such a fun time just sitting around and playing games on the days that it was rainy. We tried to go to the caves up there, but they were closed because of the snow. Maybe in about a month we can try again. On Monday it was warmer so we had to get in the water for a second, it was way cold so we got in the hot tub to warm up again. We cleaned everything up on and got ready to head home.

We made a stop in Logan just time to catch the end of my family party. We stayed for about an hour and then headed to Plain City. My parent's planned a last minute BBQ so we could spend more time together before heading back to Salt Lake. It was nice to sit around and talk in the warm weather. We starting talking about how I always like to be on the right side of pictures because it is my better side. Everyone had to try taking pictures after that to see what side was better. All the girls look better on the right. Does anyone else have a side that they like better than the other? Or am I the only one that even notices stuff like that. I don't think I started to notice until I was on my mission and there was always only two people in the pictures. I liked the pictures when I was on the right and hated the ones where I was on the left. haha.

It was a random, nice relaxing weekend just hanging out with family and having a good time!

1 comment:

  1. Poor birds! I'm glad you guys saved them!
    It was so fun seeing you guys on Monday. The "good side" of your face conversation still cracks me up! But I agree, we all look better on the right! Haha!

    ReplyDelete