Powered By Blogger

Friday, August 23, 2013

San Diego

Spencer's family wanted to take a trip together this summer because it will be one of the only times that all the kids will be home at the same time. His sister Michelle is thinking about going on a mission and will leave before next summer. Then Taylor will leave the summer after that for his mission. I was 36 weeks pregnant, which is the last week they will let you fly while pregnant. It was a really fun trip with a lot of relaxing time on the beach. We built sand castles, dug holes, went surfing and boogie boarding, and enjoyed walking up and down the boardwalk. We stayed in a beach house that was 10 feet away from the beach. It was nice to be so close so we could come and go from the beach as we wanted to. Here are a few picture from the beach. 




One day we headed over to La Jolla Cove to see the sea lions. They were so funny to watch. They would get up on the sand and sit there for a few minutes. Then they would roll on their sides back into the water. Scott, Spencer's dad, said does that look familiar to you Jan? That is the only way I could get in and out of bed at the time so it was really funny. We got within 50 feet of them and I was in heaven!



Just a few more pictures at the beach....There were jelly fish every where and I think everyone took their turn getting stung at least once.













We took a little break from the beach to go to the famous San Diego Temple. It is so pretty inside and out. It was nice to go to the temple one more time before having Kaden. Who knows how much time we will have once he comes. 

Once the rest of the family left Spencer and I headed to the San Diego Zoo. I love the zoo and was so excited for it the whole trip. I was just glad that I wasn't too sore. I was able to walk around all by myself and see everything I wanted. My favorite are the koala bears! I know that they are usually asleep, but they are still so cute to look at.





We rode the sky coaster and I was joking about not getting on if we didn't get one with a koala bear on the side. Yup, sure enough that is a koala bear on the side. We were laughing so hard! 


After we were done at the zoo we went and checked in at our hotel. We were right on the harbor and it was such a pretty view. We spent our time relaxing walking up and down the pier, going to Little Italy for dinner, and ate the most amazing dessert at Extraordinary Desserts. We said it was our last little fling before the baby came.






No comments:

Post a Comment